March 20, 2013 By Rebecca L. Herman, PhD
“Volunteers don’t necessarily have the time, they just have the heart.” Author Unknown
IBAM is a non-profit organization run by volunteers. We are continually seeking to find qualified, dedicated people who would like to contribute to the success of not only IBAM but also to the success of our members.
We are currently seeking people to serve as Peer Reviewers for our conference. Our submissions go through a double-blind peer review process before the Division Chairs make their recommendations to the Program Chair for inclusion in our program. We will start receiving papers April 1, 2013 for our October conference.
Role of the Peer Reviewer:
- Available to review papers April 1 – June 30, 2013.
- Review 1-3 papers for the conference.
- Provide meaningful feedback to the authors so they may continue to improve their work.
- Ensure feedback is constructive and with the developmental encouragement that we strive to provide at IBAM.
- Apply appropriate rigor in your review based on the TYPE of submission (traditional, pipeline, incubator, or student).
- Complete assignments within 2-3 weeks of notification.
To register as a Peer Reviewer:
- Go to our conference website: https://www.openconf.org/IBAM2013
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to “Review & Program Committees”
- Sign-Up – Keycode: ibam21 [press enter]
- You will then be asked to provide contact information, select topic areas, and set up your account information.
- Mid to late summer we will be soliciting volunteers to serve as Discussants and Session Chairs at our conference.
- Members attending our conference may seek election to Board/Officer positions or appointment to Division Chair positions.
We hope you will join us as we strive to achieve our Mission:
IBAM provides a forum for management educators, business practitioners, and students to share their ideas, research, and experiences in a friendly and supportive environment.
“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?” Martin Luther King, Jr.