August 22, 2013 by Rebecca L. Herman, PhD
We are very excited to let you know that the IBAM2013 conference registration is now open! Register now to take advantage of the Early Bird Registration discount. Below are conference highlights. We can’t wait to see you in BEAUTIFUL San Diego!
2013 Theme: Embracing Change
One of the earliest-known thinkers on change, the Greek philosopher Heraclitus, is credited with saying, “There is nothing permanent except change.” As professors, practitioners and students of behavioral and applied management, we know that change is not always a welcome guest, despite its persistence. It is usually in these times of movement and discontinuity that significant change occurs. Current thought suggests that organizations that embrace change resist complacency and lead innovation. What emerge are new theories, products, processes and practices. Authors are encouraged to submit papers on the topic Embracing Change in the contexts of industry, profession, education and community.
More Opportunities to Appear on Conference Program
If you didn’t submit a paper to the conference, but wish to be considered for service as a facilitator, session discussant, or session chair, there are still many opportunities for you to serve and to be listed on the official conference program. Contact Ken Levitt, Program Chair for more details about other facilitator opportunities or one of the Division Chairs for Discussant and Session Chair opportunities.
The Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa located right on Mission Bay and just steps from the Mission Beach ocean front. Our selected hotel will awaken your senses; relax the body and sooth the soul. Explore hidden gardens of over 1,000 types of eclectic plants and flowers, exotic birds, 100 varieties of palm trees, and 30 types of hibiscus. Surround yourself with striking sunsets, the splendor of secluded sandy beaches, and the sights and sounds of nature all in one place. The Catamaran’s rooms and suites are spacious and tastefully appointed with their own balcony or patio. Mission Bay, the world’s largest aquatic park, is at your doorstep and the enticing waves of the Pacific Ocean are just 100 yards away. Enjoy marvelous views of the California coastline or stunning city skyline from every part of this beach resort. In San Diego, activities and local attractions are never far away.
General Schedule of Events
Thursday, October 3
- Morning – Current Leadership Team Meeting
- Afternoon – Welcome Lunch followed by Presentation Sessions
- Evening – Reception and Talent Show
Friday, October 4
- Morning – Presentation Sessions
- Awards Luncheon & Keynote Speaker
- Afternoon – Presentation Sessions
- Evening – Optional Group Activity
Saturday, October 5
- Morning – Presentation Sessions
- Afternoon – New Leadership Team Meeting
- For our complete and most up-to-date schedule, please visit our conference site
Our registration fee is very inclusive:
- Full conference access for all days
- Numerous meals and refreshment breaks
- One year membership in IBAM
Regular Registration (through September 15):
- Regular Members $390
- Student Members $245
- Travel is not included and is a personal responsibility
- Hotel is not included but we will have a block of rooms available at a special rate
- We typically have an off-site activity one evening and that is an optional/additional expense
- Everyone attending the conference, whether presenting, attending sessions, or volunteering, is expected to pay the full registration fee. We do not offer part-time, single day, or virtual options at this time.
- Those registered will also have the opportunity to register a guest(s). Guests are typically spouses or children of a full-time registrant and their registration fee covers the IBAM provided meals but not attendance at sessions.
1) Complete the brief registration information survey HERE.
2) Complete payment for your registration type:
- Pay for Regular Registration HERE if you are a non-student/Regular Member
- Pay for Student Registration HERE if you are a full-time Student Member
3) Reserve your room at the Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa at our special IBAM2013 rates:
- Online HERE or
- Call 1-800-422-8386 and mention IBAM2013 for special rates.
Assistance with Travel Arrangements – FROSCH Travel
We are fortunate to have the excellent services of FROSCH Travel to assist you with your travel plans, including airline tickets, rental cars, and tickets for San Diego attractions. We thank our conference manager, Linda Hoffner, and our friends at FROSCH Travel for their services. For travel assistance, contact: www.frosch.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (970) 353-7500